Happy 2010! Brandy, Val and I are gearing up for our late winter/spring appearances. Our first several months meeting, greeting, reading and announcing our new books and toys have been a fun adventure so far. Kids come up with the funny and interesting questions so I thought I share with you some one that keep coming up or are my favorites (along with the answers!)
1) Is yogurt a healthy treat for dogs? Consult with your vet for the authoritative answer on this. We do not feed Brandy and Val yogurt on a regular basis but we DO let them lick out the bowls when we’re done with ours and they get to lick out what they can from an empty jar. We even have a photo of Brandy doing this in my book Brandy and Val’s Favorite Things. Our vet says that’s fine and the live cultures are good for them.
2) What are the names of the friends that are pictured in the books? In Brandy and Val, the bichon frise’s name is “Petreus.” In Brandy and Val’s Favorite Things, the collie’s name is “Molly” and “Maverick” is the big Bernese Mountain Dog!
3) Who are the cats in the painting on the back cover of BRANDY AND VAL’S SPECIAL STORY? Before we had Brandy and Val, we had two cats, Ragmonster and Oscar. Both were rescues, too!
4) Zachary, the boy for whom I wrote the book,s asks if I tell everyone that I wrote the books for him. YES! I do.
5) What kind of dogs are Brandy and Val? Val is a Labrador Retriever. Brandy is a mix between a Viszla, (a Hungarian hunting dog that look like a red-haired Weimeraner) and a Lab.
6) Probably my favorite question came from a little girl who noticed that all the paw prints in the books are black but Brandy and her mini-toy have pink pads. She then wondered why I only show Val’s footprints in the books. Truth be told, it never crossed my mind to put pink AND black paw prints in the books. Next time!